- What is yoga meditation – how a yoga meditation to connect to power
- How yoga mediation is gonna benefits you?
- Inspiring Facts about Meditations
- 6 poses for yoga meditation
What is yoga meditation? A yoga meditation to connect to power.
Yoga Meditation helps you achieve mental relaxation and concentration. Technically, meditation is a part of yoga. Practice meditation is a process to draw your attention to breath and thoughts, and help you becoming aware of that breathing automatically controls the thought process and by doing breathing practices it will relax your mind completely.
A yoga meditation to connect to power is a no easy task, it requires serious practice and better with guides from experienced teachers. There are certain types of poses that are good for meditation practice, we will go through them in the following paragraphs.
There are also another saying regarding the relationship between yoga and meditation, which I think make sense too. some people call yoga a moving meditation, you calm your physical body and mind by creating awareness through doing poses. Either way, for every yoga practicer, meditation definitely is an important part of your yoga journey.
How yoga meditation is gonna benefit you?
There are multiple benefits of yoga practice: Almost everyone of us suffers from varying degrees of psychological distress in our daily lives, from regular stresses and worries, to depression and anxieties. Yoga meditation is a good way to reduce psychological stress and build better cognitive, emotional and physical health. A lot of yogis and yoginis have come to me, saying after doing meditation for some time, they have lessen worrisome thoughts and sleep better at night.
- Reduce psychological stress
- Better cognitive ability
- Better emotional health
- Better physical health
Inspiring Facts about Meditations
- A lot people benefit from doing yoga, Johns Hopkins confirms this on their site, check here.
- Researchers concluded that yoga could serve as a complementary form of therapy for patients with anxiety disorders. and yoga is the most commonly used complementary health approach in the US.
- 36 million people in the US regularly practice yoga, and over half of them practice yoga meditation.
- Meditation can change your brain to improve memory and concentration and even physical health, check next on this list.
- Meditation can strengthen your immune system, and can help to relief low back pain.
6 poses for yoga meditation
Warm yourself up with plank poses
This is to free yourself from tensions and prepare yourself for further poses
Get into Dolphin Pose
When I first begin practice yoga, my coach used to told me that Dolphin pose is her favourite pose as it really helps relief low back pain.
Go further with Dolphin Push-up Pose
If you like to move it to the next level, go on with Dolphin push up pose
The most classic pose – Downward Dog Pose
I love this pose very much, I can not bear one day without doing downward dog pose, remember, try your best to squeeze your inner thighs together, it is a very comfortable stretch pose.
Another classic pose, I used to practice a lot to focus on one point and keep my body steady.
Standing Split Pose
Use a wall if needed, stand straight, and take your legs up to your head length, keep your body steady and focusing on breathing.
As said before, a yoga meditation to connect to power is no easy task, the most important thing it start practicing. As the old saying goes, practice makes perfect. I, take myself as an instance, it took me half a year to do a correct downward dog pose, now, I can not live without it. Come one, start today 🙂