- Introduce what are 7/8 leggings;
- Compare 7/8 length to full length, carpri length;
- Why this type of leggings makes your leg look longer?
- Inspiration for What to Wear with 7/8 leggings
For a lot of people, looking good is important even in gym, perhaps that is why many people go exercise, to get a better shape. So, choosing the right workout apparel that make your leg looker longer and yourself feeling more confident becomes something that really matters. Picking a pair of leggings that flatters your body will not only make your looking attractive but also lure you go to gym more often.
Like many of you, I get confused when shopping for workout leggings both online and in store. I am sure you get to see 7/8 leggings a lot during shopping, but what are 7/8 leggings? Is there a commonly accepted definition for this kind of leggings?
What are 7/8 leggings?
Is there a commonly accepted definition for this kind of leggings?
Yes, there is a widely accepted definition for 7/8 leggings – For 7/8 leggings, they have an inseam which is 1/8th shorter than a full-length style. Let’s take a look at the following illustration.
However, the actual length of 7/8 workout leggings vary from brand to brand. A pair of Lululemon 7/8 length leggings is slightly shorter than that of a similar style from Alo Yoga, which has been called midi leggings. Do not worry, the same principals applies for all cases. All leggings of 7/8 length left your ankle uncovered so your legs will not drown in fabric. This is why 7/8 length style gain so much popularity among us, they offer a better-looking silhouette than other styles, especially when combined with other extremely flattering design elements such as -high waist band or see thru mesh or cropped flare leggings or else. Neither being as short as capri length nor being as long as full length, 7/8 leggings are the perfect fit for most people.
7/8 Leggings vs Full Length Leggings vs Capri Length Style
Why choose 7/8 leggings over full length or capri length styles? To answer this question, we must figure out what are capri length pants? Usually, capri length leggings hit somewhere between knee and mid-calf, this is a brilliant style which I personally love very much. Thus we can say 7/8 leggings are a bit longer than capri style.
When go for full length leggings?
- Tall person who wants to get your ankle covered;
- Protect ankle skin when workout in cold weather;
- When full length goes better with your top.
When go for capri length leggings?
- Not so tall person with a height below or around 5’4;
- People who like to expose more than wearing a 7/8 length legging;
Why pick 7/8 leggings?
- Person who wants to make their leggings looking a bit longer than they really are, no matter how tall you are, this is a good option;
- It neither hit in the middle of calf making it look like you cut off the legs nor make your legs look like drown in fabric;
- Go for 7/8 length leggings if you do not have a preference, it just cannot be wrong
Should you try 7/8 Leggings Because this type of leggings makes your leg look longer?
Nope, buy them all. Of course, you should try them all. How are you supposed to know which style works best on you if you do not own one? LOL, listen to me, buy them all, they are not as expensive as jewelry, I am sure you can afford them. Plus, you can wear them in a row and with different tops to find out your best fit.
Inspiration for What to Wear with 7/8 leggings
Like I said, when combine 7/8 leggings with other extremely flattering design elements such as mesh net, embroidery or something like that, it is definitely the most attractive style. Now let me list out a few examples for your reference.
Cropped yoga bra & 7/8 leggings
7/8 leggings with mesh net design looks more active than ordinary 7/8 leggings.
Loose fit yoga tank & 7/8 leggings VS Cropped Yoga Tank & 7/8 leggings
It is safe to try 7/8 leggings with yoga jacket, slim fit T-shirt and else. For me, as long as it is not freezing outside, I prefer 7/8 leggings over full length style. Try it on, you will find out whether it is your style.
You May Also Like
- What to Wear With Yoga Pants?Over 36.7 millions of women and men practice yoga in the united states. And that number is increasing every year. That is why activewear market is booming in recent decades. Spend over a hundred on a pair of branding yoga […]
- Who Invented Yoga Pants?What are yoga pants? Yoga originated in ancient India and aim to control and still mind. In another saying, yoga is a mind and body practice. There are 8 major yoga styles, and various yoga styles combine physical postures, breathing […]
- Are Yoga Pants And Leggings the Same Thing?A lot people ask this question: are yoga pants and leggings the same thing? The answer is no, leggings are very different from yoga pants on styles, fabrics and intended usages. Sometimes we call yoga pants yoga leggings, however, leggings […]
- 5 Steps to Do Breathing Exercise for Stress ReliefMany yoga beginners ask the same question, how to breath during yoga practice? Does it help to do breathing exercise for stress relief? In short words, breath in slowly and exhale slowly. This is the basic rule of yogic breathing, […]
- Shopping Guide for Flare Yoga Pants, Link IncludedWhy buying flare yoga pants? Needless to say, you have grow some interests in flare yoga pants and are looking for shopping tips on flare leggings, otherwise you will not be reading me. Wide leg yoga pants are relatively harder […]