- Introduce what are 7/8 leggings;
- Compare 7/8 length to full length, carpri length;
- Why this type of leggings makes your leg look longer?
- Inspiration for What to Wear with 7/8 leggings
For a lot of people, looking good is important even in gym, perhaps that is why many people go exercise, to get a better shape. So, choosing the right workout apparel that make your leg looker longer and yourself feeling more confident becomes something that really matters. Picking a pair of leggings that flatters your body will not only make your looking attractive but also lure you go to gym more often.
Like many of you, I get confused when shopping for workout leggings both online and in store. I am sure you get to see 7/8 leggings a lot during shopping, but what are 7/8 leggings? Is there a commonly accepted definition for this kind of leggings?
What are 7/8 leggings?
Is there a commonly accepted definition for this kind of leggings?
Yes, there is a widely accepted definition for 7/8 leggings – For 7/8 leggings, they have an inseam which is 1/8th shorter than a full-length style. Let’s take a look at the following illustration.
However, the actual length of 7/8 workout leggings vary from brand to brand. A pair of Lululemon 7/8 length leggings is slightly shorter than that of a similar style from Alo Yoga, which has been called midi leggings. Do not worry, the same principals applies for all cases. All leggings of 7/8 length left your ankle uncovered so your legs will not drown in fabric. This is why 7/8 length style gain so much popularity among us, they offer a better-looking silhouette than other styles, especially when combined with other extremely flattering design elements such as -high waist band or see thru mesh or cropped flare leggings or else. Neither being as short as capri length nor being as long as full length, 7/8 leggings are the perfect fit for most people.
7/8 Leggings vs Full Length Leggings vs Capri Length Style
Why choose 7/8 leggings over full length or capri length styles? To answer this question, we must figure out what are capri length pants? Usually, capri length leggings hit somewhere between knee and mid-calf, this is a brilliant style which I personally love very much. Thus we can say 7/8 leggings are a bit longer than capri style.
When go for full length leggings?
- Tall person who wants to get your ankle covered;
- Protect ankle skin when workout in cold weather;
- When full length goes better with your top.
When go for capri length leggings?
- Not so tall person with a height below or around 5’4;
- People who like to expose more than wearing a 7/8 length legging;
Why pick 7/8 leggings?
- Person who wants to make their leggings looking a bit longer than they really are, no matter how tall you are, this is a good option;
- It neither hit in the middle of calf making it look like you cut off the legs nor make your legs look like drown in fabric;
- Go for 7/8 length leggings if you do not have a preference, it just cannot be wrong
Should you try 7/8 Leggings Because this type of leggings makes your leg look longer?
Nope, buy them all. Of course, you should try them all. How are you supposed to know which style works best on you if you do not own one? LOL, listen to me, buy them all, they are not as expensive as jewelry, I am sure you can afford them. Plus, you can wear them in a row and with different tops to find out your best fit.
Inspiration for What to Wear with 7/8 leggings
Like I said, when combine 7/8 leggings with other extremely flattering design elements such as mesh net, embroidery or something like that, it is definitely the most attractive style. Now let me list out a few examples for your reference.
Cropped yoga bra & 7/8 leggings
7/8 leggings with mesh net design looks more active than ordinary 7/8 leggings.
Loose fit yoga tank & 7/8 leggings VS Cropped Yoga Tank & 7/8 leggings
It is safe to try 7/8 leggings with yoga jacket, slim fit T-shirt and else. For me, as long as it is not freezing outside, I prefer 7/8 leggings over full length style. Try it on, you will find out whether it is your style.
You May Also Like
- Best Affordable Tank Top with Shelf Bra for People Who Love EfficiencyTank top with built in bra varies in length, strap, neckline and back style. We have round up the best affordable styles for your pick.
- How to Style Yoga PantsYoga pants can be dressed up outside yoga session. With a pair of comfortable yoga leggings, it is easy to create appropriate styles to wear in office, running errands in town and dinner with friends. It is very common to … Read more
- Yooooga One Shoulder Bra vs Lululemon Align Asymmetric Bra, Two Light Support Bra ComparedIn this post I am going to personally review two popular light support yoga bra, they are Yooooga one shoulder bra and Lululemon align asymmetric bra. While Lululemon bras are consistently favored by consumers. The brand Yooooga is loved for its wide range of yoga wear, reliable quality and affordable price.
- 10 Tips for Women to Lose Weight FasterUsing these 10 tips to optimize your action plan and get ready to embrace drastic change.
- Best 1/3 Priced Lululemon Sports Bra DupesBuying from Lululemon directly is easy, finding duplicates with good quality but less money is difficult. The key thing about sports bra is they have to be comfortable, supportive and moisture wicking enabled. Wearing comfortable and supportive sports wear will … Read more