- What is maternity yoga?
- What are the benefits of prenatal yoga?
- How is prenatal yoga different from regular yoga? avoid certain yoga types when doing prenatal yoga;
- When should you start prenatal yoga?
- Recommendation for maternity yoga pants
What is maternity yoga?
To answer this question, first you have to figure out what is yoga? Yoga is a mind and body exercise. It focuses on combing physical postures, breathing techniques to achieve purposes of relaxation and else. Maternity yoga adopts positions that are specifically designed for pregnant women’s body.
Most of you will agree that stay active is good for pregnancy, both physically and mentally. Maternity yoga helps relieve tricky pregnancy symptoms like back pain, bloating, swelling, fatigue and else. In most cases, prenatal yoga absolutely makes an ideal exercise for pregnant women
What are the benefits of prenatal yoga?
- Increased self-love and body awareness that increase your mental and body connect;
- Improve sleep;
- Relieve back pain;
- Decrease swelling;
- Increase body strength and get prepared for labor;
- Increase energy to achieve balanced mental and physical status
How is prenatal yoga different from regular yoga?
|Prenatal yoga||Regular yoga|
|Tailored more specifically to address the aches and discomforts of pregnancy||Designed for almost for everyone|
|Address concerns pregnancy woman might have||Address concerns regular people might have|
|Teachers are trained to teach this specialty|
When should you start prenatal yoga?
This depends on you. You may start prenatal yoga as early as you want. Some people might not feel well at the beginning, in these cases, you might as well wait until your morning sickness is passed.
In most cases, women may feel nervous and anxiety about being pregnant, prenatal yoga is a good way to relief such symptoms. I personally know many women start doing all kinds of prenatal workouts very early and achieve good results.